November 30, 2012 § Leave a comment
“It is a fact that Christianity is not a religion, it is a philosophy.”
- Bill O’Reilly, November 28, 2012
- Source: The O’Reilly Factor
- Context: O’Reilly, debating with the president of American Atheists David Silverman, made the claim that Christianity is not a religion but rather a philosophy, therefore it can be promoted and supported by the government. O’Reilly claims that the various sects within the “philosophy” of Christianity constitute religions, but not Christianity itself, and that this is a “fact”.
June 28, 2012 § Leave a comment
“But this is absolutely a mandate, its absolutely forced, its absolutely police powers from the federal government, and its going to be be 5-4. And if I’m wrong I will come on and I will play your clip and I will apologize for being an idiot.”
- Bill O’reilly, March 26th, 2012
- Source: The O’reilly Factor (video, 4:20)
- Context: O’reilly was referring to the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (PPACA) of 2010 (also known as “ObamaCare” or “RomneyCare”) being struck down by the Supreme Court. On this show, he disagreed with his guest regarding the constitutionality of the individual mandate. On June 28, 2012, the Supreme Court upheld PPACA in its entirety.